Dedication of St. Augustine Commons
The newly finished St. Augustine Commons was dedicated during a Mass on the feast of Our Mother of Good Counsel by the Very Rev. Kevin Mullins, OSA, Prior Provincial of The Province of St. Augustine. The St. Augustine Commons includes a plaza for student gatherings and the Fr. John Sanders, OSA Gymnasium.
Fr. John began his dream of a growing campus in the 1990’s when he began a determined action to close Bancroft Street which, at that time, divided the Saint’s campus into two parts. That was followed over the following years by proposals from Saints alumni, generous Saints contributors, and Saints faculty up to the present time.
The vision of Fr. John Sanders is not completed. The future to enhance and carry on that dream will continue, as has Saint Augustine High School, since its founding in 1922.